Free Rohingya Campaign

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Reply to Dr. Aye Chan's response to Rohangya issue (Part-2)

Dear Dr. Aye Chan,

Unlike Arakan State and Burma for Rohangyas, this is a free world, and of course, you don’t need to write if you cannot provide logical explanation about your prejudice statements. It’s natural to show intimidation where there is no convincing argument to present. I’d like to mention that I’m NOT after branding you with names. With due respect, it is natural for those terms to follow based on your context and logic.

As a saying goes “ everything looks yellow to a jaundice eye. ” As I’ve said earlier, there is no room for the WHOLE TRUTH in your writing unless you take off your prejudice eye-ware at least for a moment. I know for a fact that you will be after the history because that is your biggest strength, or I’d say most powerful tool, to wipe us out from our ancestral land. But you should also note that it is not necessary to have a doctoral degree in history to dig out the truth and have a logical argument.

I was not after the history books that you are pointing to; I was after the WHOLE truth, the real phenomenon. Although you’ve been pointing out those books, you are not after how many Rohangyas got killed or left the country, but you’re ONLY after how many Bengalis (specifically Muslims and Hindus but NOT Mogh) came into Burmese soil in the British colonial era. So you just weed out the clauses and phrases that favour your partial truth. You dare NOT mention anywhere in your writing about the infiltration of Bengali Moghs into Arakan which is a continuation from the British colonial era to this very day. This type of bizarre obscenity is nothing different from expansions of Zionism—the god given right for every Mogh to migrate to Arakan. Every one knows that infiltration of Bengali Moghs into Arakan State is not in any history book because Burma is the darkest place on earth for liberal journalists and the infiltration of Mogh is state sponsored.

Although nearly the entire population of Burma and the rest of the world considered Burmese government after U Nu is illegal, and whatever it has done is unacceptable, you still accept that illegal government’s racial propaganda and hatred towards Rohangya is legal to support your point. However, you flatly deny the status of Rohangya that was accepted under U Nu’s government, the only democratically elected government since the independence of Burma. The irony is that no matter how illegitimate, immoral and unacceptable an action appeared to be, you legitimize it if the action taken is against the Rohangya.

The bottom line is you are whole-heartedly for the enjoyment of Bengali Moghs in Arakan and Burma at the expense of Rohangyas, while I’m merely for my survival in a lawless world.

Sincerely,
Shah Arkani
-----------------------------
AYE CHAN wrote:
Dear Friends:

It may be my last letter to you all. This is the first time for me to hear the bizarre term "Academic Power." Even if there is academic power in the world it would be only the driving force to push the truth into the public panorama. I have written many times that I just revealed a historical truth. Anybody can challenge me in the academic field if there is any prejudice or fabricated information in it. There are a lot of citations in my paper. Please check them with the original source materials. The Burma Gazetteers can be bought in Rangoon, and are available in many libraries especially of Cornell, Michigan, Yale and London Universities. You can make copies of India Office Records that I quoted at British Library in London and most of them are published in two volumes by Hugh Tinker and Andrew Graffin.

One thing you have to know about me is that I am a historian. History is concerned with the contexts of a society remote in the time. It is obligatory on me to reconstruct the past. Nobody urged me to write that paper. I have written many articles, especially on the inter-ethnic relations in the peripheral areas of Burma. If you want to read I can mail some of them to you. In the beginning of next year a paper on cross-cultural relations in the Northeastern Burma is coming out. It has already been on press now. However, I can tolerate in whatever words you have branded me. I am a historian. I always believe the truth can never be hidden long.
Sincerely, Aye Chan